Mints, gums, and mouthwashes might mask your bad breath, but what really causes that smelly odor coming from your mouth? That’s right, we are going to the very root of the bad breath mystery.
Here are the six causes of bad breath:
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Not brushing can lead to a build up of foul-smelling bacteria.
- Gum Disease: Causes a build-up of plaque and bacteria.
- Dentures- If you don’t brush your dentures the same foul-smelling bacteria can build up!
- Dry Mouth:Saliva gets rid of bacteria and having a dry mouth inhibits the production of saliva; therefore, foul-smelling bacteria is still present.
- Cavities: Tooth decay can produce a very bad smell in the mouth.
- Diseases Don’t Forget!: Keep bacteria at bay and brush every dayFor any questions please contact our office at (301) 474-1110 -Dr. Shakoori